Monday, April 26, 2010

Actors

I've long bitched about the bullshit of big-time actors taking over the fields of commercials and voice-overs, including HERE (with a snappy zinger on Dan Conner!)

And now I've noticed this has happened with children's shows as well. I was watching Cyberchase this afternoon, and I'm like "what the...Gilbert Gottfired? Christopher Walken? Really?" Why the fuck would someone waste so much money and clog up another slot from a newcomer looking to break in when kids don't know or give a fuck who the voices are anyway? At no point did one of the kids I was with say "hey, I know that voice - it's the guy who played annoying Carlton's nephew in the unfairly derided and overlooked Wings!" and then jump on the phone to call all his friends "you gotta watch this show!!!"

Grrr.

Oh, lemme guess: they got Toucan Sam to read the ubiquitous "hip-hop bird in a tuxedo" part.

No comments: