Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Apology.

At some point in my past, I bit into a biscuit from Popeye's and found myself chewing on honey, which is a no-no for me and biscuits. So for years thereafter whenever anybody would bring up Popeye's I'd turn up my nose, "Popeye's sucks!!" and eschew them with extreme prejudice.

But this weekend for the horse races down in Paddy Mac-land, Brothatime!! and I got a mess of chicken & biscuits from Popeyes. And there was no honey on the biscuits, only melted butter slathered on with a paintbrush. Everything was, indeed, scrumptious.

Popeye's, I am sorry for turning my back on you all these years. I am sorry for talking shit on you. While you are not, now will you ever be, Bojangles, I look forward to sitting in a bathtub filled with your fine chicken & biscuits and having a greasy, buttery orgy of bliss.

No comments: