Friday, September 24, 2010

Parting the Waters - Also, Apparently I Used to Have Sex and Be Funny (Now It's Just Funny That I Don't Have Sex)

 Mentioning Parting the Waters earlier made me think of one of the times I read it, when I happened to be on the first Greyhound Bus allowed to move after the Nashville post-9/11 Greyhound Bus Incident, which I mentioned HERE along with, apparently, a link to funny places I've had sex:
The current state of Washington reminds me of Taylor Branch in Parting the Waters writing "A man with the burning desire to be a saint might well find himself competing with another preacher intent on making a fortune, as all roads converged at the Negro church."

I think I'll read PTW again, actually - the last time I read it, I was on the first Greyhound Bus to "take off" after the Nashville bus terrorist incident. That was exciting. And I had just met a girl whom I thought was my true love, so that was exciting. And I lost 75 pounds, so that was exciting too. Which led me to banging three chicks in 6 weeks, which was VERY exciting (including #5 on this list HERE.)
It was actually pretty funny, local news crews were everywhere we stopped.  One thing that WASN'T funny is by the end of the trip we were heading into the tunnel back into the city, and you could feel a collective sense of relief come over everyone on the bus, when all of a sudden a huge EXPLOSION! came outta the bathroom, jarring everybody to hell. I remember barely batting an eye myself, thinking only "blown up by a bomb in the shitter of the Dawg? This is how it ends? Sounds about right."

I also talked about it HERE, with my great 9/11 Terrorist academy riff heh heh heh.
And how much must it have sucked to be Peter Criss and walk in the day the band decides on who’s gonna be what character, and it’s like oh, great…I’m a kitten. Thanks, guys. Demon Spawn, Rock Star, Rocker Space Child, and Nermal. What the fuck. This reminds me of a few weeks after 9/11 when that bus outside of Nashville was attacked by a terrorist and a few people got killed. How’d that guy feel on Terrorist Academy Graduation Day when their assignments were given?

“Wow!! I’m gonna fly a huge jet into the World Trade Center! YES!”
“Me too!! Fuckin awesome! (high five)
“I got the Pentagon! This is awesome!! What about you, Assid?”
“What the…Greyhound Bus?...where the fuck is Nashville? A bus??!! Oh, MAN! This is total bullshit!!!!!!”
Sigh. I used to be so funny  :(

No comments: