Thursday, July 07, 2011

Baiting The Gnat

I reckon I topped out in the sciences the year before, when for my “science project” I flipped a coin 500 times to determine if the theory of probability was true. Answer? “YES.” I got a single piece of posterboard; on one side I wrote “HEADS: 249” and the other side was “TAILS: 251.” Hey, I didn’t wanna make it too obvious that I hadn’t bothered actually flipping the coin by putting 250 on each side, so I mixed it up a bit. Clever. I should’ve won an Oscar the next day when Mr. Young tried to insinuate that I hadn’t worked very hard on the project with the cleverly disguised critique of “It looks as if you did almost zero work on this.” To which of course I flipped out, indignation raging. “what?!?!? I flipped a coin 500 TIMES!!!!” I guess after that experience, I soured on science. What can I say. - XMASTIME
Today's month and year is 7/11, which reminds me of my second greatest moment in Mr. Young's chemistry class when, upon staring at a quiz that might as well have been written in Chinese, I simply filled in the blanks with the lyrics to The Ramones' 7-11, from their vastly underrated Pleasant Dreams (also the first Ramones album I ever had.)  God, I used to be the coolest.

3 comments:

The Gnat said...

Little late reading your posts. Tim and Pleasant Dreams accompanied Under a Blood Red sky on the Day the World Changed for me. Bought them at Sam Goody (upon Xmas' recommendation - or should I say non-stop ranting). Forever thanks, my friend.

But that science project deserved an F+.

Xmastime said...

a-HA! Not F, but F+!! FUCK YOU, MR. YOUNG!!!!!!!!

The Gnat said...

You drunk Red Hill Tavern hick!