Friday, July 01, 2011

Javelin Records

Xmastime buddy Brian Mendes from The Habit has a nice article about his homecoming this weekend, as they'll be playing his brother's pub on Sunday.
At Somerset High School, Mendes competed in football, basketball and track and field. His best sport was football, but he also had the freshmen javeline record for the track team.
I'll be honest, I'm gonna need to hear about this javelin record.  How long was it?  How long did he hold the record?  Why were long, sharp sticks placed in the hands of 14 year-old boys who were encouraged to throw them?

Check out the Habit on their tour page, and of course enjoy their video HERE.  Yes, that's me, yes I'm in my drawers and yes ladies, if you freeze the frames in just the right spots you can see my own javelin make an appearance more than once.

Here's an old picture of Brian from his javelin days.  Fucking hippy.

No comments: