Saturday, July 23, 2011

XMASTIME TV Review

ROSEANNE'S NUTS

Roseanne's Nuts has been a pleasant surprise for me, for two reasons:

1) Her sitcom is on a golden pedestal for me, so I assumed she could do nothing but let me down.

2) It's the first show I know of that makes liberal use of the "BEEP!"  I don't know why sitcoms haven't done this more - the only one I can think of is the Low-Fat yogurt episode of Seinfeld, and it was hysterical.  I know you're supposed to turn your nose up "if you need to lean on the blue, it's not really funny", but I'm often grated whenever I see completely unrealistic conversations between young dudes without any cursing at all.  I mean, camon.  And if the main gist of the show is Roseanne stomping around being pissed, not having a steady stream of "fucks" and "motherfucker" would be incredibly disingenuous, and the beep is just as funny anyway.  I'm sorry, but sometimes in the right hands, cussing IS funny.

More beep thoughts HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arrested Development used BEEP! quite often.