Friday, January 13, 2012

We Fucked Up, and Now Someone's Pissed

“My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, 'Hey, I'm rich!" - Charles Barkley
Bruce The Boss" Springsteen has an album coming out soon, and the word is it's filled with populist rage:
The Boss is angry. And he is going to sing about it.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band are set to release their as-yet untitled 18th studio album, which deals with political issues mirrored in the Occupy Wall Street protests.

“He gets into economic justice quite a bit,” a source familiar with the album told the Hollywood Reporter. “It’s very rock’n’roll. He feels it’s the angriest album he’s ever made. Bear in mind, though, that he wrote and recorded the majority of the album before the Occupy movements started, so he’s not just setting headlines to music.”

Springsteen’s music is famous for its blue-collar sentiment, and the singer has been a vocal advocate for liberal causes.

The Boss campaigned for Sen. John Kerry’s unsuccessful presidential bid in 2004, and his song “No Surrender” was the campaign’s theme song.

“The Rising” was President Barack Obama’s theme song during the 2008 campaign.
How great would it be if he backed Romney.  "Patti showed me how to check my bank account online - holy shit! I'm fucking LOADED!"

UPDATE: Marley passed along an email Bruce sent him about the whole state of affairs today:
I'm tired, Marley.  Tired of the guts of good men and women sold for thin metal and scrapple.  Tired of a nation that barters its young for Arab treasure and post traumatic stress disorder.  Tired of order but no law, peace but no justice.  I've seen the highways littered with broken heroes, and they were on a last chance power drive, and then they were re-routed by corporate greed, proletariat lethargy and the opiate that is 57 channels.

And nothing is on, Marley.

So, I'm angry.

Meet me at Mary's place and we'll talk more of it.

I remain,
Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen
That makes me sad.  See:  :(

No comments: