Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

Can we please stop with the reviews of every single Springsteen concert? I mean, how the fuck do these people do it - night after night, they pull their hamstrings doing gymnastics to explain to us how THIS show was the most transcendent, soul-moving, emotional, greatest show ever in the history of rock.

Look, we get it - he's awesome. And the shows are awesome. But how many times can we say this? Can't we simply put up a GONE FISHIN' sign up when it comes to reviewing these shows, and assume that YES, if there was a Springsteen show it was beyond crazy incredible and the whole band gave 110% and somehow pulled up something extra when the crowd needed to be lifted, once again? Please?

JUST ONCE, I'd like to see a Springsteen review that included things like:

- he looked miffed about having to be there
- do these guys even know each other?
- he mailed it in...again.
- someone slightly flubbed the intro to Born to Run so Bruce said "fuck it," ended the show
- Bruce kept looking at his watch
- "Give to the local Food Bank, or don't, what the fuck do I care I'm fucking loaded."
- "Quit singing along, you're fucking me up"

And on and on. THEN I'd be interested in reading it. Otherwise, ugh.

"Jesus, you people make me fucking sick."

1 comment:

The Gnat said...

You know The Boss keeps up with Xmastime. I hope he appreciates sarcasm, fanboy.