Thursday, June 14, 2012

Football, And Apparently I Wish I Was An Old Fucker

I can't wait til I'm old enough to insert "and" into the middle of years. Young people can't pull this off, can they? Only old people. I want the neighborhood kids running up on the porch asking me to tell stories of the "glory days."

"When did you start playing football, Mr. Xmas?"
"Boy, my first year on varsity was way back in Nineteen hundred and eighty-seven. That was right before the bull-in-the-ring drill was outlawed, fucking pussies. Now get me a gotdam beer and get the hell outta here!" - XMASTIME
I got a kick out of TNC name-dropping the bull in the ring drill HERE while pointing out new safety measures in Pee-Wee football vis-a-vis less practice time involving full contact. I previously wrote my thoughts on football at that age/size/speed HERE. Personally, I don't think reducing contact in practice really will do much good, since  1. that's less time learning how to tackle properly  2. once the game starts you just pin your ears back and hit the hell outta fuckers any which way you can anyways. But hey, what the hell do I know, all I ever did was single-handedly keep up to within 42 points of Lancaster with my extra-point blocking heroics, so why should anyone listen to lil' ol me?

No comments: