Thursday, May 01, 2014

May Declaration (UPDATED)

UPDATE: In the name of reality, I'm postponing this to kick off this Monday, May 5. Between plans I already have at a bar with fiends and family tonight, the Derby tomorrow and then my nephew's First Communion on Sunday, I'm not really setting myself up for success by starting today. And since I'll be out of town, it's not as if I'l be doing any editing anyway. So instead of "No Booze May", let's call it "No Booze May 5 + 30 Days.
-------------------------------------------
A buddy of mine did a 'No Drinking in April" thing, which has inspired me to do the same thing for May. I'd expect my odds of success normally to be around 0%, so I'm announcing it here in order to force myself to actually do it.

In the meantime, I will use the same time to do a final edit of the novel I finished writing two years ago and self-publish it. I've spent the two years bitching and moaning that no literary agent has swooped in to get it published but fuck it, it's time to end it and move on to another one. So 30 days from now I will have

1. Not drunk for 30 days
2. A novel for sale.

I came close to the no drinking thing a coupla years ago, but succumbed to boredom.

No comments: