Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm Not Worried - Terry Can't Fucking Read Anyways

A big FUCK YOU to qb legends Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, both of whom blew off appearing at the Super Bowl in Detroit along with every other past MVP, allegedly because the NFL refused to pony up enough dough for their fucking appearance. Jesus fucking Christ. Hey jackasses - the moment wasn’t about YOU, it was celebrating living, breathing heroes, an awesome collective of great players from the past that even you yourself prattle on about how much you looked up to when you were young. But instead of being part of a nice moment, and soaking in the fact that you’re part of a tiny fraternity of greatness that millions of people were dying to applaud, you pull this shit. And it’s bad enough that two living legends that had embodied all that is great about pro football blew off such a special moment for money, but them pulling the old “I wanna spend time with my family” bullshit REALLY infuriates me. Joe said he was going to his kid’s basketball game. Give me a fucking break. We’re all supposed to go “awwww, how sweet”, but camon. The kid has what, 30 games this year? Pops can’t skip ONE for such a special occasion? Junior wouldn’t understand? Oh, wait, Joe COULD skip his kid’s game…for the right price. Fuck you. And Terry, fuck you too. “I wanna spend time with my family”…but you have NO problem showing up on Leno last night SLOBBERING over the “Go Daddy Girl.” Hmm Terry, where was your fucking family then?

What a big, fat, hairy disappointing crock of shit. Players that I and MILLIONS of others looked up to when I was a kid pulling this shit. Next time the NFL wants to do something nice, I hope they say ‘don’t bother, asshole’ to these guys.

No comments: