Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Los Jankees

This is my 10th season as a Yankee fan. I'm not syaing they'll plan anything special for me, but it is what it is. In such a short, spoiled time I have fallen prey to the "World Series title or nothing!!" mentality, brought up by Verducci here. In a nutshell:

But the Yankees continue to set themselves up for joyless seasons and their own definition of failure by thinking they should win the World Series every year. Last season they lost two-thirds of their starting outfield and they still won more games than any team in the league and blew the doors off the rest of their division -- and went home horribly unhappy, ready to fire the manager, run a Hall of Fame pitcher out of town and heap more abuse on an all-time great third baseman. Their fans have zero interest in Division Championship hats.

He's right, we tend to act like complete jackasses. As much as I love my squad, I also have a special place for genuine, rabid Yankee haters. I wish someone would do a documentary on 'em. And Yankee fans can be COMPLETE fucking idiots.













"Yeah yeah, I know...I'm the WORST player ever, I should be traded for a loaf of bread. I hear ya."

No comments: