Monday, June 18, 2007

Important Ruminations

Is side 2 of Tim the single greatest album side ever?

Bastards of Young
Lay it Down Clown
Left of the Dial
Little Mascara
Here Comes a Regular

I mean, that's tuff to top. Always been a special joint for me. Maybe side 1 of Meet the Beatles is better, but that can't really count cause that's almost a greatest hits package, since it's a bastard version of the British With the Beatles. I can't think of a better side...what am I missing?

Also I think my fave Bruce side might be side 2 of Born in the USA.

No Surrender
Bobby Jean
I'm Goin Down
Glory Days
Dancing in the Dark
My Hometown

I mean, the worst cut there is "Glory Days", and people loved that one (lil goofy for me, but alright.)

Also considering moving Born in the USA into the #2 slot on my Favorite Bruce Album List over the incredible Nebaska (can't dance to it, bit one-note) and super-slice The River (too sprawling/drives me crazy re: outtakes are better than the album itself.) Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

bloodline said...

glory days too goofy but lay it down clown passes? hmm... good call tho.

2nd side of born in the usa pretty much the best thing ever.

how many sides does london calling have? 1st side- best ever.

BayonneMike said...

Those are good ones. I like Side 2 from Exile on Main St. and Side 2 from On the Beach (Neil Young in case you were wonderin).