Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rub a Dub Dub

I've always hated baths because I never felt like I got all the soap off my body. Particularly if there was bubble bath involved, I'd exit the tub with some clinging to me. I'd jump back in to rinse, but it never seemed to come completely off; every time you'd jump in, different suds would cling. Over and over again. Drove me bananas. So when I see a movie where someone gets outta the tub covered in suds and slips on a robe, it drives me crazy. Do people really do this? Do the suds just go away, melt into body, no harm done? Wtf.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

xmastime in a bathtub...now there's a visual.

Anonymous said...

Time for Xmastime to understand "judicious" as it pertains to blogging. Excitable outbursts, a political outlook that would make Elaine Boozler say "Wow", mind-numbing slang, torpid conventional wisdom, and embarrassing "Tuesdays with Morrie" reminiscing . . . all can be forgiven for a shot at the funny.

But an explication of bath habits cannot be compensated for.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU. Refreshing topic, Xmastime. I am glad that someone is finally talking about the issues that matter. Movies which depict an actor or body double donning a robe while still dripping with bubbles are misleading and irresponsible. As you know, bubble residue is not only annoying, but prolonged exposure can be very drying and irritating to both skin and urinary tract, and can result in rash, itching, and potential infection. The ultimate in irony is that your common childrens bubble bath winds up being more of a breeding ground for bacteria.
The trick I believe is to own a hand held shower head before you squirt that capful under the running water and don your shower cap.

Angelissima said...

umm yeah. maybe a quick after-shower would do the trick.
you know, you ARE becoming rather metro-sexual...bubble bath??