Friday, August 24, 2007

A Quest!

I love toast. I know, I know: shocker. But toast, boring as it may be to some, is one of my desert island foods. But can someone explain the 2-slice toaster to me? Is this the biggest waste of time since the post-high school handjob? Two measly pieces of bread? Pops up, by the time you've buttered the bread and inhaled it, it's been 6 seconds. So now you want more, but you know you're gonna hafta wait another 2 minutes for another 6 seconds of pleasure. So then you start putting two more pieces in as you take two out, trying to start a smooth cycle. But it never works, you're still standing there feeling like an idiot so anxiously awaiting, let's face it, two slices of bread. I've seen the 4-slice ones. A step up for sure, but I think I may start my search for the Holy Grail: the 8-slice toaster. I'm ready for it. Never peeped by humans in it's own natural habitat, but I'm gonna fnd one and then really start eating some damn toast. Wish me luck! TOP TOAST BREADS White bread Jewish Rye and then of course there's Texas Toast; the one thing I give Texas credit for contributing to American Society. A whole different animal - don't think I've even seen it since my Golden Corral days of the mid-late 80's. But is there anything more exciting than seeing on the menu that your meal comes with Texas Toast?

1 comment:

Angelissima said...

Talk to Bill Bradley.