Friday, October 12, 2007

Efuckingnough Already

Like everyone else I had fallen into checking out Perez Hilton to get the “gossip” on celebritards. It’s beyond gay to even bat an eye at this shit, but it’s kinda funny to crack on these people with your friends. But now I see that Hilton has his own tv show, and I also see him desperately trying to be on any tv spot that will have him. It’s one thing to riff about Britney with your friends, but now I feel like having a tv show about this nonsense gives it far more credence than it deserves. It’s hard (and sad) to realize how huge the industry of “celebrity gotcha moments” has become. It used to be fun to crack on celebrities, but now that we’ve set up a whole industry for it, well I dunno if I’m down with that. More and more hours of “ooooh, Lindsay’s drinking!!” Great. And now we've actually made someone else a celebrity for talking about...celebrities. And how did this website become so huge in the first place – he’s not even funny, and after about three days you have the formula down yourself. Picture of actress looking dumb with photo-shopped jizz on her lips, picture of young actor with “I am gay” written in and then a few click-throughs to get the latest titty popping out of a dress. Rinse, lather and repeat. Wow. What a genius.

No comments: