Monday, November 26, 2007

Robert Johnson

One of my closest friends growing up through high school was named Robert Johnson. No, not the Delta bluesman that died in 1938...he was in RRTHUR's class HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) Haven't seen or heard from him in several years, but for some reason yesterday I found myself telling Op a story bout him pulling an Ollie in the last seconds of our high school basketball careers (pinning the ball against the bottom of the rim when he coulda scored his only ever career points.) Then last night I had one of those epic, drawn out night-long dreams that you actually remember when you wake up, and who was with me throughout the dream? My friend Robert Johnson. And just now I received an email from....Robert Johnson. Not him, a different one (that I've never met.) What the fuck. Now I'm creeped out. Am I gonna turn on the news and see that he has Nathalie Holloway and is making a suicide pact with her? I AM FREAKING OUT, PEOPLE!!!

No comments: