Sunday, January 20, 2008

Death

I learned at an early age that life owes you nothing. You can have your whole life pulled out from under your feet like a tablecloth and guess what? The world turns. Shit goes on. I learned at an early age that the shit on you don't matter, it all rolls on. Such and such happened? Who cares. You lost so and so? Who gives a shit, move the fuck on. My own personal history plus my intrinsic Irish fatalism makes me wonder if I can feel death at all. And, to be honest, I doubt I spelled intrinsic correctly. I've worked it so that there's MAYBE a handful, as in 5, people that if they'd die, I would show some emotion...and to be honest, I probably wouldn't even then. I'm always reminded of my father telling stories of making money as an altar boy in the 50s, and I think of tipping the altar boy myself many years later...ah, well. The Irish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you even considered therapy or do you think you have it on the people out here who believe there is happiness to be had in life, in death?