Thursday, January 03, 2008

Opportunity Knocks

GEORGE: . . . I thought the woman was kind of cute.

JERRY: Hold it. I really want to be clear about this. Are you talking about the woman in the meeting? Is that the woman you're talking about?

GEORGE: Yeah, I thought I might give her a call. I, I don't meet that many women. I meet like three women a year. I mean, we've been introduced. She knows my name.

While at home I over Christmas I was up late at night with my buddy Rylo, who was in the midst of quite a vomiting performance, him being hit with the same virus that had attacked each one of us throughout the week. As I watched him sprint to the bathroom to unleash hell every few minutes, I spied a big chocolate cake on the kitchen island. It being one in the morning and completely unhealthy in every way possible, I wrestled with having a slice, and I actually found myself arguing in the same way as George in the scene above:

Xmas: "I mean, it's a chocolate cake, just sitting there...how many times do I get an opportunity to just cut up a slab of great chocolate cake throughout the course of a year? Once, MAYBE twice if I'm lucky?...."

So of course I dug in and had a slice and was immediately reminded of the George moment. Sigh. Life. Really does come down to Costanza, don't it?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Betty Crocker, available year round on your grocer's aisle. Bake your cake and eat'r too. Still, better to wait for those golden Costanza moments. So did ja?