Friday, March 07, 2008

Another Reason I Need a Suger Mama

People get annoyed with me cause when we're at a restaurant, I'll rarely try something new; I usually fall back on the fail-safe cheeseburger/fries. "You should try the calimari chitlin cocoa almondine!!!" they'll scold me. But you know what, my restaurant dinner budget rarely affords me the opportunity for a "miss" in the hit-or-miss game of trying new things in restaurants. I can't take a bite and say "no, this sucks - tell you what, wheel me out some cheddar swordfish pop tarts." This theory also applies to dating, by the way.

I once read something that Gordon (heart) Ramsay said: "People with money want to be told what to eat; people without money tell you what they want." I think that's probably true in a lot of things in culture, not just food.

No comments: