Thursday, April 17, 2008

Now I'm Depressed

Although it miraculously took four months, I just broke my glasses.. The lenses are fine, but one of the ear-things-on-the-frame (? stems? no idea) things came off. I actually made a gutteral noise of sadness when it happened. And I didn't even do it in a blaze of glory at the Nest, but somehow broke them with a bag of rice on my kitchen table. Fuck. I can tape it together. Maybe cleverly enuff so nobody really notices. But I am strangely sad a part of me broke. Fuck.

Tho it has led to me to start thinking about how funny it is that of all places, we have no problem putting 2 pieces of glass within half an inch of our eyeballs. Funny, no?

1 comment:

Gina said...

glass? I think they're just called "glasses".

you can get perfectly good glasses at just about any pharmacy for a fraction of the cost of prescription lenses.

ok, they are not the SAME. get some scotch invisble tape. They call it magic tape. no one will be able to tell. or super glue. but don't get that stuff near your eyes or ears.