Tuesday, May 06, 2008

American Idol

Two things:

1) For years from time to time when I'd pop in on Idol (I was only this involved during the 2006 season GO TAYLOR!) I'd hear Simon say that a perfromance was karaoke-like. I didn't really think he'd mean it, I'd kinda guess it was just a thin insult. Now I'm watching these singers today. Jesus christ. Literally, I swear it's no better than any night out on the town at the bar. Warmed over, safe, boring impersonations of previous cover versions of karaoke performances. Camon. For a coupla weeks now, and the first three tonight, there's not a single performance I can honestly say "boy, I'll never walk into a bar and hear that topped." Just safe, non-belt-it-out, why bother just make me not bad enough to be in the bottom 2 crap every week. Sad, really. Whoever wins this will limp to the finish having just barely sucked less than the others and will be immediately forgotten. I promise.

2) There's one less performer and two fewer songs than last week...why the fuck do we still need to go the extra 2 minutes? LET'S GET TO GORDON ALREADY!! Christ!

3) Can someone please put Jason the Frog out of our misery? Please?

I hate all these fuckers. It's unreal. I'm rooting for the judges. This is what it's come to.

ps - before you geniuses out there hyperventilate with your doggy leg pumping to show how much smarter than me you are, YES, I know I don't hafta watch it. Congratulations! You did it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shut. it. down.

i love froggy.