Thursday, May 08, 2008

I Give Up.

So all this week I've made a conscious effort to eat right. It can be dicey during the day with the kid, it's always a bit of grab what you can, but for dinner every night I've alternated between a salad and broiled chicken with green beans. And I have had ZERO beer since Sunday, planning on going all week without. Giving my body a rest, putting only the right things in. I even read that the darker, leafy ends of romaine are the healthiest, most nutritious parts so I've been loading up on them. And no beer.

My reward?

Been sick for three fucking days. Culminating a little while ago at the YMCA during Short Bus' "My Grownup and Me" class, wherein 1/2way through I had to make a desperate dash out of class and to the can before I explded at both ends. And let me tell you: it's not a great feeling to be sprinting out the classroom and noting to yourself in a panic: "hmm. this is interesting...I have no idea where the fucking bathroom is. Hmm."

I fucking give up.

No comments: