Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm a Toenail-less Hippy (Chapter 1)

Along with the folks over at the UG and Mamalizza, I've been waiting for the arrival of Xmastina Roberta Montgomery Time. I've been amused in particular with Mamalizza's many "signs" re: she's coming. "what a hippy!" I smile to myself, bemused. But then, I think everybody that doesn't work for NASA is a hippy, so.

Last night in bed somehow a toenail caught on something (don't ask...even I was too scared to look)and the whole damn thing tore off. Holding the little nail in my hand I caught myself saying "This is it! It's a sign, she's coming!!"

Sigh. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to one day find out her very existence was once associated with a toenail by her Godmother (that's right - just like race, I don't see gender.)

Meanwhile, had a heart-to-heart with Lil Bear on the playground today. I sat him down and asked if he was excited about his sister coming. He pointed past me and started shouting excitedly about the loud garbage truck that was rumbling by. "Good enuff for me," I said, patting him on the head and getting back to knocking him down to the ground over and over. Job done! :)

No comments: