Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kevin Little? Nyet.

I'm watching Thirteen Days with Kevin Costner. I saw it in the theater, I've seen it a few more times since then on tv. "On tv"...as opposed to on a canned ham, I guess. Anything with the Kennedy brothers during the Cuban Missle Crisis, I perk up at. The movie's a bit cheesy, but I like it.

But.

Costner's accent. For fuck's sake. Now, I never cared about him mangling the British accent in Robin Hood; hell, that's the way we asume everyone did talk then/there, so he had to at least try to pull it off, evien if he may have failed miserably. But in this flick he's playing Kennedy advisor Kenny O'Donnell. Kenny O'Donnell...does anyone have any idea how Kenny O'Donnell talked in real life? Is his speech pattern/accent Cosell-esque; ie ingrained in us so much that an actor would have to try to imitate it? Anyone whipping out their Ken O'Donnell imitations at dinner parties? For fuck's sake Kevin you're not playing one of the Kennedys; I can fucking promise you there's not a single person watching the movie that is thinking "hey, waaaaaaaiit a minute...THAT'S not how Kenny O'Donnell talked! This is bullshit!!"

Could've just talked normally, nobody would've cared. Fucking distracting.

No comments: