Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Baseball Cards

Earlier today Short Bus and I met up with Lil Bear and his pop for some playground fun. Cause hey, that's what fellas do. Anyways, Op popped into the bodega for batteries and re-appeared with a pack of baseball cards each for the Boyz. Lil Bear immediately opened his, Short Bus couldn't care less and the pack ended up in my pocket, which I forgot about til just now.

Somewhere, who knows where, there are two shoe boxes full of baseball cards, all from 1980-1983. Round a thousand, I would guess. Now, I know I sound like a disgruntled old man here, the old "shit was perfect when I was kid, now it's all wrong etc etc." The Glory Days syndrome. But shuffling through the pack I got, I must say, things have really changed. Take a look at these cards, and see if you can pick out which one seems juuuuuuuuuuust a bit out of place:

Robinson Cano
Corey Hart (no, not the singer)
Troy Patton
Dan Johnson
Jason Bartlett
Norris Hopper
Ron Washington
Sen. Joe Biden
Brian Fuentes
Damion Easley

What the fuck?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron Washington. He's a manager not a player.

Nerdhappy said...

"Senator" Joe Biden plays for the Reds.*

PS+ I just hope you're a Topps guy.

*McCarthurian innuendo.

Xmastime said...

please. would not deign to let a Fleer joint into my home, brah!