Monday, June 09, 2008

This Dude's My Hero

After spending a few minutes fantasizing about Spitzer's call girl and her moms playing "Rolling Pin, Billy Club or My Dick?" with me, I found myself over at her MySpace page, where I read this:
I am all about my music, and my music is all about me… It flows from what I’ve been through, what I’ve seen and how I feel. I live in New York and am on top of the world. Been here since 2004 and I love this city, I love my life here. But, my path has not been easy. When I was 17, I left home. It was my decision and I’ve never looked back. Left my hometown. Left a broken family. Left abuse. Left an older brother who had already split. Left and learned what it was like to have everything, and lose it, again and again. Learned what it was like to wake up one day and have the people you care about most gone. I have been alone. I have abused drugs. I have been broke and homeless. But, I survived, on my own. I am here, in NY because of my music. It started when I moved in with a musician during my odyssey to New York. One day, I was in the shower singing “respect.” He and his lead guitarist burst in, had me repeat it and it started. We wrote, rehearsed and toured. After recording a bit with them, I decided to move to Manhattan to pursue my music career. I spent the first two years getting to know the music scene, networking in clubs and connecting with the industry. Now, it’s all about my music. It’s all about expressing me. I can sit here now, and knowingly tell you that life’s hard sometimes. But, I made it. I’m still here and I love who I am.

Ummm...excuse me? You're smoking hot enuff to charge $4000 for some fucky-rucky, and these dudes were busting in on you in the shower cause they were SO BLOWN AWAY!! by your singing? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Hmm.

No comments: