Thursday, June 05, 2008

Today's Quote

"There is a force that makes us all brothers, no one goes his way alone, all that we send into the life of others comes back into our own." - Woody Hayes


I saw this quote in a book I'm reading and like a thunderbolt I flashed back to when I was a kid, when I was pledging a fraternity and an older brother laid this quote on me. At the time (hell, up until 3 minutes ago) I had no idea that Woody Hayes had said it. But it was such a remarkable quote that 17 years after first hearing it, I immediately knew 1) who told me the quote 2) where to look to make sure 3) everything it meant.

I can't remember how to get to bed tonight. But I remembered that quote, word for word, for no reason. 17 years. What the fuck. The pictures you take in your own mind...

No comments: