Sunday, June 08, 2008

Tonight's TV Pick!

I’m fucking jazzed cause I just found out about this show coming on tonite on the Discovery Channel. I love space shit – my dream house would be that of an astronaut in 1961. So I’m looking at the website and I notice this line:
The track used in the When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions promotions is 'Gimme Shelter' by the Rolling Stones.

Excuse me? The Stones? Now, I love the Stones like anybody else. But number 1, I’ve always read of the original astronauts (well, and every one since actually) to be square-jawed, 4th of July-loving risk takers for country who would consider you a fairy if your hair touched your own ears. Or for writing gay lines that contained "square-jawed, 4th of July-loving risk takers for country." A band I cannot imagine them loving? The Stones.

Oh yeah, one more thing…THEY’RE NOT AMERICAN!!!! If we’re trumpeting how great NASA was and how inspired our country was, do we need a British band to be the soundtrack? Wtf?

Ah well. Still looking forward to it. Though I might not make it - it is so hot I have cracked my first beer. Buuuuurp.

No comments: