Saturday, September 27, 2008

Batten Your Hatches, NYC

For fuck's sake. First 9/11. Then the war. Then complete financial collapse. And now this:

THE West Village deejay snubbed by Samantha Ronson wants to face her Sapphic sister in a turntable duel to the death. "I'm challenging Sam to a spin-off. Let the best deejay win," Stacy "Deejay Stacy" Ledwith told Page Six. "I'm a lesbian, she's a lesbian. It could be very interesting." We revealed the other day how Ledwith, who spins at Rubyfruit on Hudson Street, asked Ronson's camp if she'd do a benefit to help save the landmark lesbian watering hole. She said she was flabbergasted to be informed that Lindsay Lohan's girlfriend didn't do gay or lesbian events. It created a flood of bad feelings that Ledwith wants to smooth over. Stoking the challenge, she added, "I've never seen Sam spin, but from people who have, I've heard some good things and I've heard some bad things. I heard once she just came in and put a CD on. So come on, Samantha, let's see what you can do." Ronson's rep didn't respond to e-mails.

Can this city withstand such a battle at this time? Jesus christ...I guess we gotta choose sides now? And Ronson "doesn't do lesbian events"? Really? I can think of one she's probably doing right now. And am I not supposed to chuckle at the phrase "landmark watering hole" when it's used in a story about lesbians?

This is not the time for this, girls. Too deep. Too much. Maybe John McCain come into town and try to negotiate a solution, try to fucking work this thing out?







"We're all lesbian djs now."

No comments: