Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jeter

I got some static the other day for bringing up the fact that Derek Jeter sleptwalk through the first few months of the season and didn't start hitting until the Yankees were out of it. This is sacrilige to Yankee fans, as DJ can do no wrong, ever, for the rest of his life. Okay, that's fine, I get it. Although I apparently have no idea how to spell sacrelige.

But can someone explain to me how we've paid him over $20M this year and he has exactly 11 more stolen bases than me? 11? Really? From the 2 hole?

1 comment:

Nerdhappy said...

Jeter has to be about 47 years old by now. He's still a clutch hitter with a nice OBP, but stealing bases won be one of his strengths going forward.

And seriously, you didnt steal one base this season? I hope the Xmastime dating plan works out soon!