Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Reality TV

I've played in many different clubs. And not once has the owner, or anybody else for that matter, introduced my band before we rocked the joint. I've seen many, many bands in many, many clubs; not once have I seen an owner or anybody else introduce the band. Or jump onstage after "let's give them a big hand, weren't they awesome?!?!?!!?"

Yet on tv, anytime there's some dipshit, nothing band about to play, the owner jumps up to intro them, and then after jumps up "WOW, wasn't that a great set!! Let's give 'em a hand everybody! Come on!!" How many times at the Peach Pit After Dark did we see Val or Noah say "okay guys, I gotta go introduce the band. See ya."

Whack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That move is straight off the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, not real life. And seriously, I don't respect anything that Jay Leno does. Well, maybe his car collection.

I guess it is what happens when nerd TV writers spend more time at home on Friday nights than at clubs seeing bands play.

Xmastime said...

ha! that might be true actually. nerds!