Monday, October 06, 2008

Guess Who Can't Handle the Truth?

KAFFEE: Do you have an answer?

JESSEP: Absolutely. My answer is I don't have the first damn clue. Maybe he was an early morning riser and he liked to pack in the morning. And maybe he didn't have any friends. I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the travel habits of William Santiago. What I do know is that he was set to leave the base at 0600. Now are these really the questions I was called here to answer? Phone calls and footlockers? Please tell you've got something more, Lieutenant. Please tell me there's an ace up your sleeve. These two marines are on trial for their lives. Please tell me their lawyer hasn't pinned their hopes to a phone bill.

Peggy Noonan is right HERE. If you're looking to win, I hope you haven't totally pinned your hopes on "he once worked for an organization associated with a guy who had some bad thoughts in the 1960's." Or, even sillier, "his middle name is like you know-who's!!!" If I'm a McCain supporter, I'd be very disappointed that that's all he has right now, in such serious times.

ps - Laura, don't fret...I'm still in love with you!

No comments: