Sunday, October 19, 2008

Screw 'Em



I just watched this video and, like anybody with any semblance of leanings towards human compassion or general decency, I immediately became furious. Then I started thinking I wonder how a black person would feel while seeing this? Then I thought I wonder what Barack Obama would think seeing this?

Then I remembered some documentary I was watching a long time ago about the early days of black players breaking into Major League Baseball. I can't remember which player they were interviewing, but as he was talking about the days of being refused service at restaurants while traveling, having to sit on a bus to eat etc, he was asked how mad he was that he had to go through that stuff. He said "Not at all. I got to travel the country, getting paid good money to play baseball while these jackasses were stuck flipping burgers at a gas station. Screw 'em."

In a matter of weeks Obama will be the most powerful man in the world. And this jackass will still be a jackass, hanging shit on trees like an idiot. Screw him.

No comments: