Thursday, November 06, 2008

College. WTF.

The older I get, the more I realize college was a complete waste for me. I think there are three reasons to go to college:

1) to really assert yourself academically in an extraordinary university, eg create a career of academe through Harvard (direct subset: a clearly-defined professional degree route, like teaching/artchitect/lawyer etc)

2) to use the time to network with like-minded people towards a goal, eg the Napster/MySpace/whatever guys

3) to do all the right things and immediately upon graduation land a job that while neither stimulating nor even important is safe, secure and leads to a very fine quality of life, eg C-student business degree, landing a job at Capital One or some such.

I somehow managed to miss all three. Incredible.

No comments: