Thursday, November 06, 2008

Kids in Philly

Thanks to some fan on their message board, I found this old video clip of Marah, from around the time their classic album Kids in Philly came out in 2000. What a great time - they were my favorite band, and Op and I and others took many trips to Philly to see them on this tour. I remember days spent walking around Philly on days like today, colorful leaves blowing around on the sidewalk, waiting to go to the Khyber to see them blow the roof off the place.

It's tough to take a close friend's music/art/writing/whatever as seriously when you get to know them as you did before you became friends; you forget how thrillingly talented someone was before the routines of true friendship settle in. So it's fun to go back in time with a clip like this and remember what excitement those days held. Also, I wanna hang myself cause in 2000 I was only 28. Grrrrrr. Enjoy!

No comments: