Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sometimes I Wonder if Bush really Is a Genius

The typing squirrels over at the UG (spent 6 minutes thinking up that one!!) bring up Jonathan Stein’s article, which questions the possibility of Democratic inquiries into some of the Bush Administration’s…”decisions”…cough...

I agree with Barackity-Barack (just made THAT one up too!!) – opening up that overstuffed closet will completely consume Washington for years, leaving ZERO time to accomplish something. As I mentioned here a while back:
Nobody's seriously bothered trying to get rid of him cause the amazingly bad decisions coupled with blatant "I wanna make my friends rich!" moves are just so mind-boggling piled-up that it's all we can do to keep the closet door closed so all the shit doesn't come tumbling out at once. "Just let it end next January," we tell ourselves; who can even wrap their heads around the shit at this point?

One line from Drum jumps out at me, the Obama quote: “I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we’ve got too many problems we’ve got to solve.”

Again, I really hafta give it to Bush - the sheer NUMBER of piles and messes he has left for his successor to work on is also THE REASON he cannot be held accountable for them. Amazing. Cap doffed! To whit more Xmas:
But I will give credit where it's due to Bush. The comedian Sinbad (fuck you, I'll put his two early 90's specials up against most anything) once had a riff about having a 12am curfew, saying if you're gonna get the same whupping anyway, why get a 12:01am whupping? Screw that, make it worth your while - get a 5:30am whupping!!! Clinton got a 12:01 whupping - slipping quietly in, stepping on a creaky board just barely. No matter what he had accomplished before, no matter than in the grand scheme of things the blowjob didn't really matter, he still got a whuppin. Bush on the other hand is shooting himself out of a cannon through the front door, naked except for shaving cream and bull urine and waving a bottle of Old Crow around shouting out "wassssssup, motherfuckers!!!!!" while setting off firecrackers and eating the family dog. Whereas Clinton got a whuppin, Bush is getting the "it's late, just go to bed we'll talk about this in the morning" treatment. I secretly hope he knows this and tries to get away with what he can before January, just to see how far he can push it, just for kicks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aint drum. some other cat filling in. who laments that dems wont go after bushcheney. sumthin i think drum wld not say.

Xmastime said...

takes some of the air out of my typing squirrels bit :(