Monday, December 08, 2008

Beverly Hills 90210

I remember last summer ranting to Cookieface the absurdity of a scene I had just watched - the one where Bruno calls Brandon to tell him Marchette has put out a hit on Dylan. And Brandon, of course bred on the tough streets of Minnesota and Beverly Hills, instantly knows what's happening and what to do. "I'm there!" he says, dropping the phone and sprinting out of the Peach Pit.

What? Really? Brandon is that involved in the ugly underbelly of assassination? When did this happen? Between school paper meetings and rollerblading lessons? Really?

Anyway, I just saw that scene again, and I can't help but think that in the REAL WORLD, if someone as, say, myself were to receive such a call it would prolly NOT be as James Bond-y as Brandon.

XMASTIME: Hello?
GUY: Xmas, dammit - Tony's put a hit on Benny!!
XMASTIME: WHaaaaat?
GUY: Tony's gonna hit Benny! Let's go!
XMASTIME: Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?? What the..whaddya mean, hit?
GUY: You know what I mean?
XMASTIME: What? REEEEEally? Seriously?
GUY: Dude - there's no time!!!
XMASTIME: He'd do that? Really?
GUY: He's doing it!!!!
XMASTIME: And..."hit", here means...?
GUY: I gotta go! Camon!
XMASTIME: Wait, what do I do?
GUY: You gotta stop him!
XMASTIME: Stop...
GUY: -
XMASTIME: -
GUY: Tony!
XMASTIME: right! Tony!!!
GUY: Let's go!
XMASTIME: But it sounds like he's got a gun
GUY: what the -
XMASTIME: wait, this is Guy, right?
GUY: Xmas, dammit
XMASTIME: Who IS this?
GUY: (click)

No comments: