Thursday, December 04, 2008

Driveumentary


Am I high, or is nobody riding with this guy to videotape the whole thing? I mean, the unintentional comedy would be off the charts, right? Here's the Chief of GM pulling in for gas...oh shit, he has no idea how to pump gas. Here he is again, completely baffled by the drive-thru window at Hardee's as he tries to eat "like normal folks." Right? I mean, camon. Hour 1 you're trying to explain classic rock to him, 12 hours later he's wailing the "Oh, oh, oh, oh" coda from Faithfully, tears rolling down as he channels Steve Perry. Somewhere along the line, the inevitable "somehow a hooker ends up in the car, takes his wallet" scene happens. And of course his car breaks down and, him being an idiot, decides he's gonna get there by train/Greyhound/anything but one of the very cars from the company he's looking to save. I'm also picturing him meeting a young black man who can't read whose story he's touched by, becoming lifelong friends. I mean for fuck's sake, there's no NYU film student that jumped on this, tried to get in the car? Do I have to come up with EVERY great idea????

No comments: