Sunday, January 04, 2009

More Jeb

A few weeks ago I was musing to somebody about the fact that with Obama being elected, we now have as many black presidents as we ever have Catholic. Which is fairly astounding to me, what with the sheer number of voters who have been Catholics throughout the last 200+ years along with the fact that blacks have been allowed to vote for about 6 weeks now.

Also fascinating: you know who could be the one to pull the Catholics ahead in 2012? JEB BUSH. I just found out - he's Catholic! Isn't that something - it would take the brother of the most Jesus-y, southern-fried born-again president we've had in decades to double the number of Catholic presidents we've had in our history. That cracks me up. Like if I cast the deciding vote to make salad our National Bird.

No comments: