Thursday, February 26, 2009

Urkel Steele

On top of his "hip hop" comments from last week, I-Assume-Soon-to-be-Ex-Head-of-the-RNC Michael Steele now offers up some "slum love" for the beleagured Bobby Jindal. All of this led to a faithful Xmastime reader to point out what I wrote last month HERE:
I'm pretty certain Bill Clinton was the first president I ever saw use words like "cool" and "man" in his more light-hearted interviews; the "hip" language of his 60's youth. How long will it be til we see a sitting president use words like "ferizzle", "the schizzle", or "in da hiz-house!" etc? I mean, it only makes sense that down the road such vernacular will be so normal to everybody, a president is bound to use those words in relaxed conversation, no? Interesting.

Faithful reader pointed out to exchange "president" with "political party leader," and that's where we're at now. Which is true, although I must say I did think the first one would be a black guy. But hey, what do I know?

No comments: