Thursday, April 09, 2009

Long Players That Changed My Life


BURNING AMBITIONS, VOL. 1

Super Slices: Boredom, 12XU, Keys to your Heart, Grip on Yourself, Baby Baby, I'm Stranded, Stranglehold

Summer of 1987:
Summer of 1987, my first summer of freedom (my brother having gotten his license); thanks mostly to RRTHUR and a tape of "Burning Ambitions", I without a doubt found more amazing songs and bands that I still love today during that summer than any 3-month stretch before or since. First summer I hung out at French's parking lot. One of only 2 sophomores to make varsity that year, I can still feel what a thrill it was when the Northern Neck football preview came out in the paper and Coach Lewis took 2 paragraphs to talk about how good I looked, the promise I held. Summer my brother and I started working on the horse farm. Boy. I promise you I have never had a summer that good since. Ah well.

2 comments:

here. said...

first thoughts:

i was thinkin bout writin bout this exact comp

2nd thoughts:

they're ain't no 2nd thoughts, freckles ...

Anonymous said...

Luv how you never look back! Every year is better than the last! Rock on!