Thursday, May 28, 2009

Susan Boyle

The thing I don't understand about Susan Boyle is why she hasn't been famous for 20 years already. I mean, the thing she says in her audition is "nobody ever gave me a chance."

What?

I know tons of people who sing/play in bands etc. I know a lot of people who can play well, who can sing great with a band, and can write great songs. Of these, I know maybe two whom I would consider were stitched from the stars above to privilege us with their musical talent. But I don't know anybody who could just walk up to any street corner in America, start singing, and fucking stop traffic. And that includes Bruce. And anybody else in any band you and I love. But Susan Boyle could. But this woman, are you telling me at no point in her 48 years did somebody notice? Really?

Hey, Roy Orbison wasn't pretty either. And I cry my eyes out whenever he sings. Just like I do with Susan Boyle. She is a force, we are lucky to have found her, and she is a reminder of the vast difference between REAL talent and the shit the rest of us try to pull off on a daily basis.

2 comments:

Kiko Jones said...

I'm assuming you're not being facetious (I haven't heard her sing)...there are plenty of unattractive people who managed to sing professionally as sessions singers/backup vocalists. Perhaps she was discouraged because of her appearance or she lacked the drive on her own...dunno.

rrthur said...

you know bruce?