Sunday, May 03, 2009

What Famous People Read

I don't know why, but I just wandered into this asinine article re: "Life-Changing Lit - Celeb's Fave Books." I don't wanna be a "celebrities are idiots" snob; more so, I wonder why upon seeing the celebs' selections, MSNBC would even view it as worthy of posting for all to see. Considering after all that out of 12 selections, 6 include:

- an "inspirational" story of a rich guy who is too stupid to not die in Alaska
- a book by a downhill skier about life's "ups and downs"
- a bio of the world's most successful workout video series star who has also become well-known for not enjoying the threesomes her husband subjected her to
- a children's picture book to help one go to sleep...how inspiring! Go get 'em zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
- and I quote: "anything by Dr. Suess." wow.
- a book about a pig that can talk to a spider

What the fuck? I don't know what book I'd pick, but I'd like to think the odds of a character from my book showing up either on a lunchbox or in Playboy would be ZERO.

No comments: