Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Douchebag du Jour

They say the loudest noise ever was the explosion of Krakatoa - so loud it was heard 3,000 miles away, it's reverberations traveling around the globe 7 times. So while he still comes in second, I must tip my hat to the gentleman in his midget-sized Batmobile at Eckford & Nassau this morning who came as close to loosening the bowels of people within a 10-block radius with his car stereo as I've ever seen. Of course, I didn't actually get a look at the driver, my eyes watering from the sonic force, maybe it was Satan himself? Peut-etre. Oh yeah - and just to make sure we all knew what a complete fucking douchebag he fucking was, the song was that fucking "There Goes My Hero, Are You Guys Getting that I'm Writing About Kurt? He Shot Himself!! I was His Friend! He Liked Me Better than Whatshisname!!" Foo Fighters song. Wow. Come to think of it, maybe it WAS Satan.

2 comments:

The Gnat said...

Sidenote - Dave Grohl has written 2 or 3 times the number of good songs that the dead guy did. Even that hero song doesn't make me want to kill myself like most of In Utero did.

You live posting from Rivahfest this year? I can't make it personally, but if you swing through Richmond, give the Gnat a call.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that song was not about Cobain. And I have agree with Gnat Grohl and FF. They are monster songwriters.