Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Progressive Block

There's been a lot of talk about the progressive block theory going around today; I have written many times including HERE that if you have the numbers, you hafta push through as progressive policy as possible SO THAT IT'S ACTUALLY SUCCESSFUL - after that, you'll have people with healthcare that allows them to practice health-conscious, preventative medicine instead of having to wait til they have tumors falling off their head to go to an emergency room looking at members of the GOP and asking "why would you vote against my being healthy?" and holding them accuntable come election time (I know, I know...dreamy stuff. But hpopeful.) As opposed to politics as usual, ie shit like this.

1 comment:

Gina said...

The encouragament of 'health-conscious preventative medicine' has never been the prime objective of the GOP, the AMA, or the FDA for that matter. They're bankin' on the generally unhealthy American lifestyle. Good for business, I s'pose. I take issue with insurance companies which deny payment for some life preserving treatment recommneded by Primary care physician. Cryin' shame.