Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Anthology

Vh1 is taking a rare break from Celeberity Rehab IV and Celebrity Rehab 4: The Reunion and showing The Beatles Anthology at 9pm tonight. I have no idea which 2 hours of the series they're showing; I'm assuming the beginning. I don't know if they're showing this nightly or what, I hope so. I've got it memorized but will be watching, andf you should too if you want some great insight and footage and interviews from the greatest band ever.

I can remember breathlessly watching the three nights they originally ran this back in 1995, and thinking "who the fuck on the planet ISN'T watching this?" As the respective albums were released I'd buy them at Sounds at the mall in Oxford, running to the public shitter to rerad the liner notes cause I couldn't wait til I got home. Also prolly rubbed one out, why waste a good sitting?

One great thing about the series was it reminded everybody that not only were the Beatles the BEST band ever, they were also the FUNNIEST - not "madcap" like in A Hard Day's Night, but they could walk into any room at any time and have it howling with laughter.

Watch and enjoy! :)

No comments: