Saturday, August 29, 2009

Carry On, I'm a Dumbass


When I was a kid one of my super-slices was Carry On, Mr. Bowditch. I must've read it five times, so you can imagine my surprise to find out over 25 years later that although the book if fiction, Bowditch was a real guy. The "Father of Maritime Navigation," he wrote The American Practical Navigator, which I have no desire whatsoever to read; but I would like to read Newton's Principia, which I vaguely remember being mentioned several times throughout Carry On, Mr. Bowditch and might've been a clue that the kid was a real person. Oh well.

I've asked to borrow Principia from my friend Helen, who said yes, as soon as I learn how to pronounce it correctly. Sigh.

Also, I'd like to one day have a use to show off and use that bit where the A and E get stuck together. What the fuck IS that?

No comments: