Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hey, Let's Talk About Dicks

Flipping around last night (not a euphemism for spackling the gent) I landed on some Young Comedians Special hosted by Rodney Dangerfield, and I happened upon the bit with a then-unknown Andrew Dice Clay, who launched into his bits that pretty much everybody on the planet had memorized in the early 1990s. Included was a riff about condoms, in which he talks about black dudes needing specially-made extra-large ones, and then Asians needing to use gum to keep theirs from slipping off cause their dicks are so small.

All this flashed to me this morning on the train when I saw a young, pretty Asian girl sitting quietly next to her Asian man. It occurred to me the fascination society has always had for the size of the phallus - big ones having some sort of animal hold over women.

But then I thought about the stereotypes of each race's women in relationship to said race's stereotyped dick size. Black men supposedly have the biggest dicks, and yet black women are notorious for not being demure at all when it comes to their men. If I had a nickel for every time I watched a black woman screaming at her bf/husband about not taking any of his shit, I'd prolly have about $43.20 by now. Meanwhile Asian dudes supposedly have the little dicks, yet their women are notorious for being shy, shrinking and deferential towards them. Interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is that you spent your morning commute thinking about black and Asian dicks. Interesting.