Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Innovation

I'm curious about these contentions that if the government "takes over" healthcare, technological innovation will dry up. First of all, the government-run US military has been a snappy little unit when it comes to technology (that Puma Swade threesome in the Hardee's shitter video I just watched on my computer wasn't sent to me via smoke signals, was it?) Also, if I was an inventor, whom would I want snatching up my invention more than the government, which is famous for paying $300 for a screw (unlike the ones you can get 1/2 price in the NY Press personals from 1999)? There isn't a much better, more lucrative client for such things as the US Government, so I fail to see how any incentive to push technology along will be retarded. In fact, I would presume the reverse to be true.

No comments: